Contact the agency in Tuscany
For information on this property, please phone us or fill in the form below.
The villa is protected by a curtain of centuries-old cypresses and is surrounded by a park of almost two hectares, accessible by an avenue lined with enormous lime trees and including a back…
Villa Medicea Lo Sprocco, immersed in the green valley between Sant'Agata and Galliano in the municipality of Scarperia, is ideally located for the climate and light, hence its name. In fact, as an anecdote recounts, the Villa enjoys the first ray of sunlight of the day and the last drop of light at sunset, from which the first sprout is born, which in ancient Florentine was called, precisely, 'lo Sprocco'.
The villa is protected by a curtain of centuries-old cypresses and is surrounded by a park of almost two hectares, accessible by an avenue lined with enormous lime trees and including a back garden created together with the swimming pool by the famous architect Porcinai.
In the park it is possible to admire two seqouias and the only one in Mugello, a famous and rare red beech tree that is said to be at least 500 years old and was planted directly by the Medici
In the park there is also a still consecrated chapel dated 1729.
The park is completely enclosed by hedges and wrought-iron gates and offers maximum privacy.
The first room is called the 'Salone dei Medici' and there one can admire the imposing 14th-century pietra serena fireplace with the coat of arms of the well-known Florentine family. The second room is named Michelangelo because of its frescoes restored according to the traditions of the artist's school. The third and last room is named after one of the most important glass artisans of the 19th century, Galileo Chini, whose works we can admire.
Overall, the property is divided into four internally connected units, although it presents itself as a single property. Currently used as a high-end accommodation business and location for elegant ceremonies, the villa is equipped with a professional kitchen and various ancillary rooms. The upper floor of the main body houses 8 suites of various sizes, from 35 sqm to 80 sqm, all with private bathroom with hydro-massage bathtub or shower. Some of the units are currently used as private residences, but can easily be used for accommodation, being connected internally.
Externally, the prestigious villa is surrounded by its splendid private park of no less than 4 hectares, on which there is a marvellous swimming pool designed by the famous architect Porcinai, with a panoramic view of the surrounding hills. In the park one can admire two sequoia trees and a still consecrated chapel dating back to 1729.
The first construction of the villa dates back to the 1400s, built on the foundations of an ancient, still identifiable 11th-century Ubaldina tower; it was Lorenzo and Giovanni de' Medici, sons of Pier Francesco di Lorenzo de' Medici, who commissioned the construction of the villa. It has undergone numerous restorations in the 18th century, which have preserved the character of the original layout, while the recent renovation was carried out by the current owners.
It is ideal as a private and exclusive residence in the heart of Tuscany and perfect at the same time for those who wish to continue the accommodation business excellently started by the owner family.
The property is located in the heart of Mugello, 7 km from the motorway exit, 6 km from the Poggio dei Medici Golf Club, 14 km from the Designer Outlet, 8 km from the Autodromo and halfway between the important art cities of Siena and Florence, the renowned Chianti region and the sea.
|Floor space (m²)